Portobello Mushroom Benedict With Roasted Red Pepper SauceMake this "Cook Yourself Thin" recipe.
Calories per serving, portobello Benedict: 183
Calories per serving, roasted red pepper sauce: 70
For the portobello Benedict
4 portobello mushrooms, gills removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove
2 10-ounce bags of baby spinach
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
For the roasted red pepper sauce
1 4-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and finely chopped
3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 ounce capers, drained
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1. For the portobello Benedict: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. Using an ordinary spoon, remove the gills from each mushroom cap and place the caps on the oiled baking sheet. Bake the mushrooms for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. In a small saute pan over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic and spinach. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, tossing occasionally until wilted. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and nutmeg.
4. In a blender or small food processor combine the sauce ingredients and pulse until creamy.
5. Using a spoon, evenly distribute the spinach onto the 4 portobello caps. Top each one with a poached egg, some roasted red pepper sauce and some grated Parmesan cheese. Serve.